View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #35
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps it's different in the US, but one issue with the cloud is that, in the UK at least, the most common form of broadband internet access is ADSL, where downloads are much faster than uploads. Eg, with my ADSL connection, I get about 4Mbps download speed, but only about 350kbsp upload speed - more than 10x slower. It would take an eternity to upload movies to the cloud for subsequent downloading again.
I could understand that then. With amazon specifically though, when you buy something it stays in the cloud. So you don't have to upload anything. For instance, I bought a few songs last weekend & amazon asked if I wanted to save to my cloud drive & also download. I did both. But there would be no reason to upload in that case. That's here in the US, so yeah I don't know how much different it would be.

Now if you did have to upload something you should do it ahead of time. I also uploaded music to my cloud storage & I just let it run overnight when it would it wouldn't affect my connection because my wife & I both work from home. We also stream all of our movies & tv at night after work. So the upload at night helped, took a few days of off & on, but it worked.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote