View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 PM   #8
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
Thank you so much for your answers, especially re: the free Mobipocket Creator software (I reckon that's the one you meant?) which seems to be doing a good job of converting some of my pdfs into html. Others look like a disaster, though. But I guess that's how it goes - works with some files and doesn't with others?
The *BEST* way to convert from PDF to mobi is to get a copy of Adobe Acrobat Professional. With AcrobatPro, you can export from PDF to HTML, DOC, RTF, XML and TXT, among others.

I find that exporting to HTML (3.x w/o CSS), opening the file in Kompozer (a freeware WYSIWYG HTML editor, selecting all text and copy/pasting into Atlantis ($35 RTF/DOC WYSIWYG editor), doing any text editing that may need to be done (some PDF files save 'f' and 'i' or 'f' and 'l' as 'fi' and 'fl' (single characters) or when exported embed page headers and page numbers in the text file-which must be removed), and then save as a DOC file which can be converted to mobi using either BookDesigner or Mobipocket Creator, works best for me.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote