View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #28
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
As a female reader I'll second Liaden (Lee & Miller) and Vorkosigan (Bujold) as less tech and more story and character space operas. Campell's Lost Fleet might be a bit a bit too ship and war focused.

I've heard that Sheri. S. Tepper is considered feminist SciFi so there is another sub-genre not yet mentioned. The book that got me started on her is Grass. I also vote for Raising the Stones or Fresco. For a giggle at turning the gender tables there is Six Moon Dance which is set on a world where the men wear face veils lest women get lured into lust looking at beards.

Edit:
Oh! We forgot Anne McCaffery. There is another I'd consider 'light' SciFi. Too many books to mention by name .

Last edited by artifact; 05-05-2012 at 01:11 AM.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote