View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 02:06 AM   #103
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetcop View Post
I'd like to offer my Kindle Touch to try out these modes, since I don't think it can get much more bricked. My only means of talking to it now is through MfgTool (fastboot mode does something, but I can't get the tool to connect with it), and though I'm trying to learn how to create my own u-boot images to get me out of this it's going to be a really long time. It's a slim chance, but it would be amazing if one of those got it into a better state (maybe even factory state??)
If you can get to fastboot mode, you can do:

sudo ./fastboot setvar bootmode reset

or
sudo ./fastboot setvar bootmode factory

You can always change them back later...

to try out those modes. You need to reboot to see what they do. You might need a serial console to make sense of what they are doing. I thing I did try factory and it dropped to a bist command line on the serial port, as I recall.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote