Thread: NaNoWriMo 2010
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 12:02 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I'll be there again this year. Last year I finally managed to make the 50k mark for the 1st time. I don't know if my effort from last year will ever be publishable but it was interesting. I got off to a slow start and finished up with 50,074 words in 28 days. I hope to do better this year with more planning than I did with last years project. I don't know if I would want to try doing two at once myself, but I can see the advantages if you can. If one bogs down for the day you can always work on the other one. I go by CBrentner over at NaNo. Not very imaginative I know, but at least it's easy to remember. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
I'm going to call you cricket. Thanks for your support for #1. That was my original idea for NaNo last year, and my second idea for this year. But, I'm going to be hard at work on two NaNo's this year probably. #1 and #3.

The last one has a special meaning and I can't wait until it's finally finished. Officially, #3 will be my NaNo because it helped me get my act together in the past several years. And for whatever reason, when I do anything NaNo-related, my output triples. Beyond the Black was written in a little under two weeks for last year's NaNo. It was mostly crap, but it still was finished.

Then, during my writing group's JuNo, I finished Into the Hills in 30 days.

So, I'm hoping that with NaNo I'll be able to complete the project, shoot it off to a couple of friends for a quick lookie-do, then shoot it out to LuLu for a copy to give my uncle for the holidays.

Maybe I'll do the same thing with the other two books I've completed and give it to 'em in a gift basket.

Hopefully by that time, it'll be four.

Last year we had....*checks his NaNo friends* 10 from MobileRead on there. I'm hoping for a similar showing this year.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote