View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #20
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
I'm another one who can't remember ever not reading. I don't think either of my parents really ever read to me, although they were big readers. My house was always full of books--on shelves, on tables, stacked in piles on the floor...they were just a part of life. I do remember that on my second day of Kindergarten the teacher was reading a book to us, and skipped some words on a page. I corrected her, and read the page back to her as it should have been read. That was my last day in Kindergarten--my parents were called, and I was moved into first grade the next day. Now schools recommend a child for special education if they can't at least recognize a few words in Kindergarten...how far we've come in 40 years!

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote