View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #13
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Dear Jack; this is EXACTLY the BS I was warning the original poster about. Please re-ignore me.

Calibre does EXACTLY the same as Kobo Desktop, Windows Explorer, xcopy, linux cp, and any other program. It calls an O/S API on the host to create a file on a storage device.

The storage device is the same in all cases; the file system exported via USB by the Kobo to the host O/S.

There is NO magic that one means of moving data to it gets that another does not.
Sorry dude this is bs. There are issues with it and it is not even supported by kobo, kindle, sony or any other ereader on the market. Sorry you feel this way. But thats your opinion and unfortunately its not reflected by the facts. As you can see that calibre even posts the problems and the fixes that it has implemented. Bear in mind your limited use of Calibre with your own devices do not reflect the thousands of users out that. That also includes my limited use of Calibre with my own devices. You nor my self are the end all of end all answers to Calibre bare that in mind. Also Calibre does interect the meta data on the readers. so its not a simple drag and drop it here answer. Infact here is another link to some rather interesting news about Calibre

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...-with-calibre/

again as its freeware there is no support beyond the original calibre author, something that needs to be noted for any users expecting techincal support from the ereader manufacture.
While Calibre is a preety darn good program for maintaining ones library it was not created by Ereader Manufacturers and certainly is not recoomended nor supported by any Ereader Manufacturer.

Regards

Jack

Last edited by jackastor; 12-20-2012 at 07:25 PM.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote