View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #12
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by automa View Post
It will be less time consuming for everyone else if a few developers working for archive.org and Google Books implement the feature.

In other words it takes much less time for developers to do some programming to save a ton of time for all the readers.

They must have programmers working for them already so the only reason I can think of why they are not implementing this feature is because of ignorance that it could be extremely useful, so that all we have to do is notify them of the extreme usefulness of such implementation, and it takes numbers to notify them. So we need a petition.
So true... but a few developers are not going to be the people who currently put stuff up for FREE... they'll want paying to do such stuff on a real time basis... and I doubt that those involved are ignorant of the state of things but thse people are VOLUNTEERS doing it for love in spare time... if you don't like what they do then you can ignore it and go elsewhere or improve it yourself as a volunteer, I'm sure your donation of your free time would be much appreciated... If you want more professional output then go to professional outlets and pay for the work...

Also why should people giving freely of their time be expected to give even more just so other people don't have to invest some of their time... it's not as though you have a right to a shiny professional product because you paid for it... I suppose it's symptomatic that if you get something for nothing then some just expect even more for the same price...

Last edited by elcreative; 12-02-2012 at 04:21 PM.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote