View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 10:41 PM   #63
Giggleton
Banned
Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Giggleton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by guma View Post
So you never ever gave a book to somebody after reading it?
Never bought a used book?
Never used a library???
Never read a book/newspaper/magazine that another person read before?

P.S.
Would you please be so kind as to 'compensate' me after reading this post.

P.P.S
Re-reading your definition of piracy: is it ok not to compensate authors for books you read but did not enjoy?

What I am mostly saying is that our definition of textual piracy is archaic.

What kind of compensation per post are you looking for, a share of the ad revenue from this site based on number of thread views? I mean, what is a forum but a non fictional narrative?

If I was advocating piracy, which I cannot do since piracy does not exist, I might say that it would be ok to not compensate an author for reading a book that you did not enjoy, although the deeper question to you would be why were you reading a book that you did not enjoy?

I have picked up and almost immediately put down thousands of books. I have picked up and taken a slightly longer time to put down thousands more, should I have been compensating the authors of both text sets? Or neither?

Giggleton is offline   Reply With Quote