View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #14
Sonist
Apeist
Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Generic virtual reality story-experiential device
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
... There are a couple of open-source alternative Flash player projects out there if Apple wants to provide this functionality without going through Adobe. Apple is probably banking on HTML5, as many have speculated. It will be interesting to see if they can drive the market.

I note that Apple does offer a YouTube-specific app for iP. YouTube uses Flash. Perhaps they could generalize this.
Yeah, but none will be able to get into the iPad, just like Skyfire hasn't made it to the iPhone.

Contrary to popular misconceptions, HTML5 is not a comprehensive replacement for Flash. Flash is not just video, and it does a lot of things HTML5 cannot. Even if HTML5 is universally adopted, it is most likely that it will coexist with Flash for the foreseeable future.

I can reluctantly put up with the lack of Flash on the iPhone, but wouldn't put up with a crippled browser on a device will I would use extensively to browse the web.

Just like if my new 27" iMac didn't do Flash, I would load Windows 7 on it (even though I like OS X better), or if I could not do so, I would have purchased something else (even though I really, really love the iMac).
Sonist is offline   Reply With Quote