View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:28 AM   #17
wirawan0
wirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refresheswirawan0 can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
This is a (hardware) kindle bug. Reading the MOBI file in ebook-viewer does not produce such an erroneous result. I recently reported this problem at calibre's bug database:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1035792

but Kovid said it was not a bug. In dismissing my bug, he only said this:

Quote:
You need to make sure that the content of each <li> element is not
enclosed in a block tag. Or convert to AZW3 for modern Kindles.
I don't understand this. Can anyone help? The problem with "a new line right after a bullet point" is not unique to EPUB->MOBI conversion. In fact I remember having an EPUB-originated MOBI that properly displays the bullet w/ no new line. But right now I can't pinpoint the root cause. Also HTML->MOBI or ODT->MOBI can have the same "new line" problem.
wirawan0 is offline   Reply With Quote