View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_macd
I will be using the wireless connectivity for books I get from Amazon, and I've read a little about logs the Kindle sends back to Amazon. I've no real concern about that, but I am wondering if there is likely to be any issue with information about the library ebooks being collected by Amazon
No one will argue that a myriad of details (location, drm status, time, etc..) doesn't get logged to a file on the Kindle itself (nor will they argue its ability to communicate that logfile to Amazon if it wanted to) ... BUT! ... no one, to date, has ever caught a Kindle actually sending any of that data back to Amazon yet. And many have tried.

Quote:
- because as I understand it, DRM might be removed from them when converting with Calibre (or am I wrong about that?)
Calibre itself has absolutely nothing to do with DRM removal. In fact, if the ebooks in question have DRM, calibre won't be able to convert them for you. Period.

There are, however, third-party (unsupported by calibre developers) plugins that will remove DRM from books as they are being imported into calibre's library.

I believe the distinction is rather important.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote