View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do have a suggestion.

Take the HTML you got from Word and load it into a text editor such as Notepad++ and clean up the mess Word left in and make it nice clean HTML code and then you can take your chapter headings and make them look like <h2>Chapter 2</h2> and you'll get a good ToC.

The problem s that when you save as a webpage from Word, you get one hell of a mess from Word. Take a look and you will see what I mean. It's not good code at all. It's a real mess. I've cleaned up my share of Word's mess and it can take a good while to do so.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote