View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 11:06 AM   #1910
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by covingtoncat73 View Post
“Memories, even your most precious ones, fade surprisingly quickly. But I don’t go along with that. The memories I value most, I don’t ever see them fading.” ― Kazuo Ishiguro, Never Let Me Go
That is a book I would want to read.
At the moment I'm reading the Chinese classics. This is from the first book I read. 'Journey to the west', by Wu Cheng'en.
This journey is interesting as it combines adventure, poetry and wisdom. It speaks about the faibles of men, but in this taoïst/buddhist world there is also forgiveness. It is a journey through life, with it's pitfalls.
The poetry in between the battles:

"The earth is black in front of the cliff, and no orchids grow.
Creepers crawl in the brown mud by the path.
Where did the birds of yesterday fly?
To what other mountain did the animals go?
Leopards and pythons dislike this ruined spot;
Cranes and snakes avoid the desolation.
My criminal thoughts of those days past
Brought on the disaster of today."

Last edited by desertblues; 11-11-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Grammar, again
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote