Thread: questions
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #15
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
I think it will be great if the time can display on the status bar. Is there any way to do this? Otherwise, I need to put down my DR and look for my watch. O, God, I don't know where my watch is again!!!
That's been asked before. It would require constant refreshes to the screen (it takes almost a second to refresh each time) in order to keep the time accurate, which would totally kill your battery life. Even if you don't display seconds, just minutes, it would still require a lot of extra refreshes that wouldn't normally be necessary.

The whole idea behind eInk is that you can put something on the screen, leave it alone, and the display won't draw any more power. Obviously page turns are important, but the more things you start throwing into the UI that require screen updates, the worse you kill the battery life. That kind of defeats the point of eInk from a power savings perspective.

I think finding your watch would be a better option.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote