View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #4
Witty Username
Addict
Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Witty Username ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Touch, Kobo Libra H2O
Very few Discworld books have chapters and Pratchett has been asked about this before:

Author interview

Quote:
Q: You've said that as "life doesn't happen in chapters," you don't use them in your books. What was different about Going Postal?

A: I have to use chapters in children's books! Apparently it's so mum & dad when they are reading to the child can say "I'll read to the end of the chapter then you have to go to sleep." Going Postal, and indeed it's successor making Money both have a somewhat Victorian feel to them so I thought it might be fun to go back to the glorious era of chapter headings which were practically an index to the book! In the same way I found you could have fun with footnotes, I have now learned that chapter headings can be quite amusing.
Witty Username is offline   Reply With Quote