View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #770
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Hi, this is good to hear.

I have one issue which I have already reported via e-mail to Bluefire, but wish to raise here also.

I have been reading some physics texts in ePub format, and notice that some of the mathematical symbols do not display correctly - I get the square box with a cross in it symbol (see attached screenshots).

This surprises me, as the character set is UTF-8, which I thought would avoid these issues - I was advised in the response from Bluefire support that:

I suggest it is a fairly fundamental and urgent requirement for a reader like Bluefire to have, esp. for UTF-8 support. Without this, most books with any level of technical content are effectively unreadable in your App.

Any chance you can check the progress on this and try to increase the priority? Thanks.
We are currently trying to add the ability to leverage system fonts. This might fix the problem you are seeing. Hopefully that will be out in August and we'll find out.
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote