View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 10:10 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I added on a few songs and notice that the Fire says I have 6.10 Gb left of 6.54 Gb available. However, when connecting it to my PC, the PC shows that the Kindle Fire only has 4.95 Gb left of 5.00 Gb.

Why are the numbers different?

I also downloaded some of my Osnova Bibles (KJV and NET) and notice that search for a verse in the Direct Verse Jump bibles take much longer than they used to take on my 3 Generation Kindle Keyboard.

Maybe they need to index themselves for a few days.
How to explain this. Android has what you call internal memory and external memory. It doesn't matter if it's external SD card or internal SD Card it's basically two partitions. The PC will only see the external memory. Some apps will install on the SD Card not internal or it will install on the external leaving a few files on the internal depending how the developer has it set.

So it looks likes the internal memory is around 1GB and the rest external. Keep that in mind when installing apps. I don't know if App2SD will work on the Fire but it will move some apps to the external memory for you to free up space on the internal.

I hope I didn't confuse you.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote