View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Best download file format for Kindle??

I am sure this has been discussed previously, and I did a search here and checked the FAQs/stickies but didn't see what I was looking for - if it's here, please provide a link for me. I don't want to so to speak!

This will be my first foray into the world of eReaders; I am computer literate but definitely eReader illiterate! I intend to download eBooks from other sites besides Amazon - there is a wealth of resources out there, isn't there? I'm pretty excited to see all the books that are available - and so many are free, too, not just classics.

I am sure that some of the books I want are only going to be in ePub format, and it's my understanding that these can only be converted via Calibre if they are DRM-free. This is one downside to the Kindle, but I guess I can live with it. (I know DRM can be removed from a book, but I really don't want to get into that.)

Anyway, given the choice of file formats to download, what is the best one for the Kindle? .prc? .mobi? something else? What formats should be avoided?

Your kind assistance will be much appreciated.

Holly
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote