View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #34698
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
You have a kind heart, pooh.

Me, I love those spiders. We call 'em writing spiders because legend has it that if they write your name in their webs, you'll soon die. They're completely harmless, and as a kid I would often catch them and let them build webs all over me. While it looks like a white zig zag to us, the "writing" looks like a flower to insects who are viewing it with eyes that see in the ultra-violet spectrum.

We currently have one of those big orange spiders right outside our back door. For two days I ducked under the web, then my son came by and destroyed the web. The spider built it back, but only half-way so I no longer needed to duck under it but instead simply side-step it for the last couple of days. I thought maybe it had learned its lesson, but today it reconstructed the web to again cover the entire top half of the doorway. I'm afraid I wasn't feeling too charitable at the time and brushed it aside rudely while saying something rather unpleasant to the spider. In a while, I'll go back out to the gazebo to read a bit. If the spider is there again, I'll catch it in my hand and put it beside the rear window. Maybe it'll take the hint.

Speaking of wildlife, a young robin got into the gazebo today and couldn't figure out how to get out. After chasing Chrystal and Norton away, I tried to demonstrate where the doorway was and the screen wasn't, but my fine feathered friend turned out to be a real birdbrain. So I placed my hands under the screen where the exhausted critter fell into them and I walked out of the gazebo with it. Once outside, it realized it was free and the robin took off out of my cupped hands like a bat out of hell without so much as a "CHIRP chirp", which as everyone knows is robinspeak for "Thanks, pal."
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote