View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #6
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briand View Post
Me too...a dictionary would complete my user experience with the 300 - think maybe Sony could put it in a firmware update....or is that too much to ask?
Not really sure how that works. But if it's possible at all, I hope that they decide to do it! And if they decide to do it, I hope they also make access to it less clunky than as it is on my K1. My understanding is that on the 600 you just double-tap the word and the dictionary entry is displayed at the bottom of the page. On my K1, you have to scroll to the line containing the word of interest, then click, then select "Lookup...", then wait for what seems like a pretty long time. The resulting display shows the definition of all the words on the selected line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda! View Post
Is $159 for a refurbished Pocket Edition a good price? A new Sony Pocket can be regularly found on places like Amazon for $179. It would seem that Sony should cut the price a bit more on the PE. $240 for the Touch is a much better price discount.
The math geek in me insists that both prices are a 20% discount of the suggested retail price. But I didn't know you could get a new one for $179 elsewhere--thanks! My understanding is that most refurbs are pretty much brand new anyway (returns) and $20 would buy several books, so I'm still leaning toward a refurb. Now if I can only figure out a way to convince my wife that I need to replace my K1....
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote