Thread: Colours?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Interesting, I had not heard that if the first and last letters were the same it would still be readable. I'll remember that.

As a very imaginative female, and an aspiring writer, I thought it would be inventive if a book was written such that slowly over the course of the book, the words were changed so that be the end of the book, the text was an entirely different language, either a made up language or "foreign" language.

BTW I was just ribbing griffonwing... I read enough "Victorian" romances by English authors to recognize alternate spellings...

AJ

I actually read a short essay (about 5 - 6 pages) exactly like this. It was long ago & I don't even remember where or who but it was interesting. As I remember it started with the letter "c" which almost always is pronounced like an "s" or "k", at which point the essay started the substitutions. Later they used the "c" to represent the "th" sound.

BTW, my grandfather was born in England & I use a "u" in some words, like "your", "our", & "hour".

Last edited by slayda; 09-08-2009 at 11:56 AM.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote