Thread: Kobo Start Menu
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 01:32 PM   #61
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Is there some advantage of simple telnet over SCP and/or puTTY? Haven't tried tshering's Terminal but would it provide most of what telnet gives you? Maybe we are just talking about a WiFi interface? I prefer Sergey's USBnet as opposed to the WiFi.

I am probably missing something.

Luck;
Ken
My terminal is not very comfortable. Especially, if you want to run several related commands in a row. But it might be handy if you want to run only some one-liners. And of course, using the keyboard of your computer is so much more fun than taping on the touch screen.
A small draw back of Sergey's USBnet under windows is, that you need elevated rights to install the "unrecommended" driver. This is a problem if you have a to use PCs that belong to somebody else.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote