View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 02:50 AM   #30
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
My first pick would be Montaillou: Promised Land of Error but it's dead tree only.
I'll nominate the first English translation of Bardo Thopal, aka The Tibetan Book of the Dead edited by W. Y. Evans-Wentz. Most are probably passingly familiar with this text, intended to be read aloud to the dying as a guide through the experiences accompanying death.

I'll also add a nomination for Christ Stopped at Eboli, and reserve one nomination, but I'm pulling for the Jack London book.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote