View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #12
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabardeyn View Post
Personally I dislike laptops, and netbooks were more of the same ilk.

With the exception of portability, desktop computers do better than a laptop. On rare occasions though I would have liked to have my computer available someplace other than my home.

As I've gotten further into ebooks I've started to pay more attention to netbooks. They're fairly lightweight, moderately compact (for a laptop) without trying to be everything to everyone. They are also about the same price as a dedicated ereader. To me it is a slightly more cost effective purchase. I get to have a laptop in the rare circumstances that I need one while having space for a good portion of my library in a thick, kinda awkwardly heavy "book" - with a weird binding.
watch it though, after about 6 months reading on my EEE 7" I got eyestrain troubles, and I was 19 with perfect 20/20 vision (or better) but defenatly try it out.

also, my custom built, $1700 pc, was built 3 years ago, has a amd 3700 and 1 gig of ram, and had a $300 video card.

my current laptop cost me $555 bucks, has a vid card that's better than that, dual core, and has 4 gigs of ram. PC's in this price point cost about the same or MORE. so I got a laptop. I only need a PC to be attached to my TV, which that 3 year old beast is perfect for, now I have a laptop, that was cheap, its fast. its better, and if I wanted to play a game, the vid card on it can handle it. but Ive went back to my PS2, such a great backlog of games + DDR which I'm using for exercise. don't knock a cheap laptop, they are good, and for when you need the portability, which I admit, for me isn't often. its there. Netbooks are great, but very limited and I never used mine much. though I can see myself using a 10 or 12 inch netbook full time as they have about the same specs as the computer I was used to. I don't think I used my EEE much cause it had Linux, and was just a pain to do much on.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote