View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 03:11 AM   #13
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasMcKean View Post
That's very interesting! Yew are putting forth that the problem is not with the reader or the device, but rather with the files?

I suppose I could see that ... MAYBE ... with some .mobi files, but my understanding is no one has gotten the .lit files to work properly.

In the case of .mobi, the errors do seem to be random. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, sometimes they freeze half way through and sometimes it is never a problem. Under these circumstances, being as the problem is very intermittent, it will be quite difficult to track down.

In the case of .lit, I would say it is much more likely the reader than the files...
What I am putting forward is that I don't know if my issues are with the firmware on the reader or the files themselves. I can only test the files so far on the computer - in which every case they open and function correctly but my computer is using different libraries/binaries for interpreting and displaying of ebook files (that and the PC is a dual core with 2gb ram vs 400mhz arm with 32mb ram - PC has more tolerance and room for error).

It would make life easier. Of most of the fb2 files I have that don't work correctly I have read the source of the file and have not had anything out of the ordinary spring out to me (well more a case of use syntax highlighting and look for the odd colour that doesn't represent a function).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote