View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
RobbieS
RobbieS began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Well, first off, dwanthny, let me start by apologizing. My frustration got a hold of me and i figured that bold and red would grab attention and help- instead of the exact opposite. wont happen again.
I have goodreader, it is a great app and all my pdfs are loaded into it already and readable. I personally feel that is the best pdf reader i have purchased so far- wish it was the first. lol.
I see what you are saying, makes sense that it is an image because when i try to highlight certain sections in iBook, it will select the whole page. I don't know why that didnt occur to me- sometimes the most simple explanations are the easiest. So thank you for the info.
Now, I know that this is again kind of stupid, but the reason i wanted them in iBook and not goodreader was because I love the iBook format, i like how you can flip through pages, highlight and bookmark, etc.
I do not have the original file of the pdf that was scanned by my professor, so all I have to work with is this pdf file at the moment. Is there a way that I can alter the pdf to recognize it as text and not images? A program already on the mac, or one that I can purchase? This way I can recreate the pdf as words instead of images, and then continue to use calibre as the second step.
Thank you again for the help so far
Sincerely, Rob
RobbieS is offline   Reply With Quote