Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #492
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousia View Post
I have the JuneReader installed and there is a question that I cannot solve.

I have replaced the default fonts within the default.css.

Right now I don't know whether my question is stupid or not.

Is there any code that I could add to default.css, so that it uses a given font when font-variant: small-caps is invoked from any ePub file?

(Sorry if the question makes no sense, but I'm trying to avoid the editing of every single ePub file that uses font-variant: small-caps.)

Many thanks or your help.
There is a problem with smallcaps. Sure you can do what you want in the CSS. But the problem is that simulated smallcaps use uppercase that they then size to be smallcaps. A smallcap font uses lowercase. So you'd have to edit the ePub to convert the uppercase to lowercase.