View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #178
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mick View Post
Hi all,

quite some time ago, I suffered something of a crash and lost a lot of the softcopy of my work. I had the printouts, so got the IBM product for voice recognition - sorry I can't recall its name, just now - and a headset and spent an hour or so educating it to my voice and pronunciation and it worked very well. Accuracy well over 99%, or far better than my typing. A little more relaxing too.

I tried dictating new stories but never warmed to that for some reason; same too with controlling my PC by voice. Then IBM -as IBM has a tendency to do - dropped the development of it and left the market to Dragon Dictate and its successors.

Watching old movies, the company Grand-Pooh-Bahs have a dictation machine or a gorgeous secretary that they give dictation to (who always seems more intelligent and better organized than her boss), so for some people it works.

Times have changed.

Cheers,
The name you forgot is ViaVoice
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote