View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #21
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
I am somewhat apprehensive about the handling of dictionaries by the PW2 and somewhat confused by this discussion. I'd like to understand three things.
  1. Does the PW2 allow me to install several dictionaries for different languages and does it choose them correctly, according to the language specification in the metadata?
  2. Does the PW2 let me switch dictionaries for the *same* language on the fly?
  3. The situation could be still workable for me even if the answer to 2. above is "no". I could still read in multiple languages that are recognized automatically. Should I want to use another dictionary installed for the same language, I could go into the menus and select another installed dictionary as the default the cumbersome way. Is this understanding correct?

If the answer is no to 1. above, than the PW2 is a huge step backwards from the Kindle 3 and I'll not be able to use a PW2.

Thanxx for a clarification,

Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote