View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 08:35 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainreynolds View Post
Another thing I'm noticing - the Kindle Paperwhite doesn't use the title sort column, just my titles itself to sort.
I'm not sure why you'd expect it to use "Title Sort" - that's a field purely for Calibre.

Quote:
I sort by author normally, but I have a lot of series that I have put numbers in front of, so they will sort in the correct order for that series. However, it seems to keep ignoring the Title sort metadata I use in calibre. Any way to fix this?
You're using Calibre wrongly. Don't mess with "Title Sort". Fill in the series name and number metadata in Calibre, then use a plugboard to prefix the title with this information when the book is sent to the device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote