View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #4
Farhad
Zealot
Farhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheeseFarhad can extract oil from cheese

Device: N800/Nokia 5230/PB IQ701/PB 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
One question, though: the last picture (flower) is one I made - in spite having followed the same procedure as for the Hiroshige images, the flower displays really poorly - same for all the pictures I adapted. Any suggestions as to how to fix this?
Well, I don't know how you made this pic so I cannot tell, really. What I do is the following: I use the GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP) to place the image on a 600x800 or 800x600 (depending on the orientation) layer, then I grayscale it, then I use the "posterize" function to bring the number of shades of grey down to 16, then I use the "curves" tool to add some contrast and, finally, I save it as a BMP pic with no compression. I did something similar with your flower (see attached). Did that help?

I love these wonderful japanese prints, btw - great choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I have no boot logo. Instead of the boot logo I use "the last read page" setting. This way, when you switch off the reader it makes screenshot of the page you are reading and when you switch it on, you are presented with the picture of the last read page until the book is loaded.
Very good idea!

Quote:
As a shutdown logo, I use picture I have downloaded from Russian pages here:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...&postorder=asc
I use the logo that is next to the logo with Christmas tree. It says:
- Будешь больше книг читать, меньше водки будешь жрать
- The more books you will read, the less vodka you will drink.
- another possible translation is command: You will read more books! You will drink less vodka" The Russian text can have those two meanings with a few shades in between.
Indeed. Since жрать is rather rude, I would have translated the slogan like so: "the more you read, the less you guzzle booze" or something similar

Quote:
I have also created some boot logos from pictures of MC Esher, But I do not think I can distribute.
Sure you can - nobody should ever attempt to prevent friends from sharing with each other. You can find all the inspiration to do the morally right thing here, here or even here.

Quote:
You can find lost of his graphics on line, with resolution that is good enough for making logo.
Yes, but I find that doing work step by step as I outlined above is really fast and easy and yields the best results. YMMV of course.

Kind regards,

Farhad
Attached Images
File Type: bmp genziana v2.bmp (469.8 KB, 350 views)
Farhad is offline   Reply With Quote