View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #3
Kirok
Enthusiast
Kirok writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kirok writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kirok writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kirok writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kirok writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kirok writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kirok writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kirok writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kirok writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kirok writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Kirok writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: iPaq
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Kirok, as you pointed out, your fan material exists at the sufferance of the franchise owners...
An interesting and thoughtful response, thankyou, Steve. I have to race off to work right now but I'll get back to you this evening.

You hit the nail on the head when you identified piracy as the entertainment industry's number one threat and i liked the analogy with the music industry. Unfortunately the stance of the studio has been to not respond to correspondence about fan productions. There have only been two documented cases of solid contact, with the fan film group, Star Trek: New Voyages and the audio drama group, Darker Projects, from which the fan community has built a set of 'rules' that have kept the status quo to date.

Gotta run

Cheers

K
Kirok is offline   Reply With Quote