View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #5
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
I'm only using the sony software to create collections and to assign books to the collections. To actually move books to SD-card or the reader, I drag and drop the files directly with windows explorer.

If you have the sony software open, there's a little "+" sign in the lower left corner. If you have the reader highlighted in the left pane of the window, pressing the "+" will create somewhat like a folder underneath the reader which you can name to your likes. This is your collection.
If you have an SD-card in the reader and highlight this storage location in the left pane, pressing the "+" creates a collection (folder thingy) on the SD card.

To put books into a collection, just drag and drop it within the sony software into the collection. This should do the trick. So you can put a book on the SD-card into a collection on the reader and vice versa (I'm just not sure right now whether you move the book to the collection or the collection to the book, but you can easily find out).

I hope this helps.

Ok, I forgot your last question. Books assigned to collections on the reader from the SD-card or collections on the SD-card won't show up if the card is removed.
This is true for the books. I'm not completely sure about the collection. If a book on the reader is assigned to a collection on SD, it may be possible that the reader itself makes the same collection within the internal memory again as the collection is kind of a tag attached to the book which would actually be located on the reader.

Ok, I hope this wasn't too confusing, but I'm in a hurry as I have to bring my little on to bed.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote