Thread: KOBO Rocks!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
evanft
Zealot
evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evanft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Math View Post
So far ... I love it. Set up and reading within 10 minutes of receiving it. Page turns are smooth and fast. Home screen is nice. The library listing is better than the GLO (you can read the whole title which helps for me with book # of #). I have the page refresh set to every 6 pages and have yet to notice any ghosting. I am using the KOBO nickel font and it seems to be fine with both bold and italics. The touch screen is very responsive, no need to double tap, and it doesn't jump forward 2 pages at a time that I have noticed.

So far I have no complaints. The only thing I would change if I could is the plastic they made it with, I prefer the rubbery stuff of the GLO.

When my mom held it her first words were "its very light". She uses an IPad on a regular basis though, not an ereader. It is definitely heavier than my GLO but not heavy at all.

It is probably a tiny bit bigger than the original KOBO, because it fits, albeit snugly, in my original sleeve.

I am glad that I purchased it, and would purchase again if given the choice.

I hope this helps.

S
Have you tried reading any side-loaded content on it, like EPUBs? If so, are you able to change the line spacing, margins, etc.?
evanft is offline   Reply With Quote