View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #53
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_T View Post
No, no hard reset was required or possible. As I mentioned, when I connected it to the power, the screen immediately went on and the load indicator displayed "charging". I immediately disconnected the charger and it worked fine, showing a 66% charge.

Before that, I could hit/hold/whatever the single button without any reaction. No turning on, no hard reset, no nothing. Disclaimer, however ... I do not know if I held down the power button for a full 20 seconds. On the other umuhand, that would not have helped me at all at this point in time, being away from home with a kindle reset to factory defaults. I was keeping that as a last resort in case charging would not work, but it worked.

Best regards,
Andy
The 20 sec thing doesn't reset to factory default, at least in my experience. It's recommended in the Kindle guide in the Docs section as a way to wake up an unresponsive unit. But I guess it might in some cases so please don't try it based on what I say.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote