View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #155
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
To be fair, I was just asking for a few hints about getting the SDL video stuff working.

It wasn't an actual software request. nor was it anything dodgy.

Thanks knc1 for pointing out the rules if it had have been

New device has arrived. time = zero
however it is now high on my pile of stuff to do as this could be key to much of what I want.

thanks everyone for their help on this.

Here's extra info for those even vaguely interested. or perhaps bemused.

Quote:
Simple DirectMedia Layer is a cross-platform multimedia library designed to provide low level access to audio, keyboard, mouse, joystick, 3D hardware via OpenGL, and 2D video framebuffer. It is used by MPEG playback software, emulators, and many popular games, including the award winning Linux port of "Civilization: Call To Power."

SDL supports Linux, Windows, Windows CE, BeOS, MacOS, Mac OS X, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, BSD/OS, Solaris, IRIX, and QNX. The code contains support for AmigaOS, Dreamcast, Atari, AIX, OSF/Tru64, RISC OS, SymbianOS, and OS/2, but these are not officially supported. (AND ONE DAY KINDLES)

SDL is written in C, but works with C++ natively, and has bindings to several other languages, including Ada, C#, D, Eiffel, Erlang, Euphoria, Go, Guile, Haskell, Java, Lisp, Lua, ML, Objective C, Pascal, Perl, PHP, Pike, Pliant, Python, Ruby, Smalltalk, and Tcl.

SDL is distributed under GNU LGPL version 2. This license allows you to use SDL freely in commercial programs as long as you link with the dynamic library.
Ta

EDIT: It's not so much that "I" want this, more that if we had this porting could become a wee bit less headachy for some "fancy" stuff.

EDIT EDIT:
Would be nice if Ehhh updated his top post with the later version?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=137
or should we use the old version?
This type of dilemma is eliminated by updating top posts.
Thanks for your great work. I'll test this on the k5 then. and dig through the source (which IIRC you shared) thanks again.

Last edited by twobob; 09-23-2012 at 09:59 AM. Reason: (AND ONE DAY KINDLES) (links for updated version)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote