View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 10:52 PM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
1) I can't add library e-books to it. I have mostly library books on mine
2) It doesn't have page numbers for the books like everything else published in the last 5 centuriesBut it has that neat percentage left bar, which is what I really care about.
3) It has a teeny tiny keyboard instead of a touch screen like half a million phones manage to haveNever use the keyboard, myself
4) I can't read PDF documents (not the way they look on a PC anyway)I always convert my pdfs with mobicreator pro, and so I can change font, etc, just like with any book
5) It's not a reading device it's a Amazon e-book selling deviceUnfortunately, it is easiest to buy from Amazon, but I always shop around for the lowest price
6) I've got a PC (4, in fact) and a BB. I don't NEED another wireless device.I like it because it can fit in my purse and go everywhere with me.
7) Searching for a "free" e-book on Amazon is frustrating. I don't want to read romance or "undiscovered" authors or born-again.Go to Amazon Kindle books, enter -domain in the search, then search lowest price. The free books are the first several pages. At least Amazon tells me I have already ordered the book-I never remember

If you don't think you will use it, you can probably get $200 on Craig's List. You could get closer to $250 on ebay, which I don't understand. But if reading is what you turn to when you are commuting, waiting in line (waiting in security at the airport is one of my favorites), you can't beat an ereader.

JMHO
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote