View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #779
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcdy View Post
Jabby: Thanks for the reply; I had read the first post about embedded fonts but had hoped that the most recent versions had corrected that problem. However I disagree with your comment about smallcaps capabilities of ereaders. Mantano on my rooted Nook android supports it very well as does the native Nook ST adobe reader app, as does Mantano on my HTC jetsream tablet and the native reader on my prs-950. I suspect that all adroid readers that supports Mantano will handle epub smallcaps.
I'll try to be clearer:
Embedded fonts aren't generally supported by epub readers.

New subject:
I use {font-size:0.875;} instead of {font-variant:small-caps;} so that the result will be uniform across platforms, not because it is not supported. Here is a link that may interest you.
http://joeclark.org/standards/small-caps.html

Quote:
I agree that CR is a pretty nifty app; For epub I prefer Mantano Reader but there doesn't seem to be many apps for mobi/prc. I tried the Kindle app but the lack of folders/collections organization was a killer. CR is the best mobi reader I've found although I can't get the internal TOC working for mobi/prc - the kindle app works well with mobi TOCs. While I often use smallcaps in my own epubs, it isn't really a problem for me regarding mobi/prc. For CR I especially like the option of changing the default font by downloading my own choice. It's a shame, though, about the epub smallcaps and mobi TOC problems.
You can also add your own fonts to the Mantano font folder.
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote