View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 11:16 AM   #19
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
... exactly. Reading.

I'm firmly in the Android camp, but I'm holding out for 4:3 here as well. My primary use for a tablet would be reading pdfs and magazines.

Incidentally, I'm intrigued to know why you feel that 16:9 would be better for web browsing. Or indeed for photos.

Graham
web browsing because you can utilize more screen real estate from left to right, less panning and makes text easier to read without have to pinch to zoom as much.

For photo's more and more camera's even in smartphones taking wide angle shots is becoming more prevalant. I would rather see black bars only just my 4:3 shots and then have to see black bars on my wide angle shots.

I would think with most reading is a smaller percantage of usage of a tablet as opposed to all the other multimedia functinality of it. If I'm only going to read less than 10% of the device I would be sacrificing a more enjoyable experience the rest of the 90% of the time.

Last edited by boswd; 06-08-2011 at 11:20 AM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote