View Single Post
Old 07-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
If this was not a wake up call to people nothing is. Every book that one buys from Amazon should be stripped of the DRM and personal archive copy in MOBI format should be kept by the owner. I believe that this is contemplated and allowed by law as long as you don't distribute the copy to others.
I'm sorry, Stingo, but I don't follow you. Why would you want Amazon to leave illegal content on your Kindle if they discovered that it had been illegally uploaded? That could leave you personally liable to prosecution for copyright infringement. I know that I would certainly want such material to be automatically removed, both because it the "right" thing to do, and because of the legal implications of not doing so.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote