View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 08:34 AM   #14
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
Ach, I think you're right, hidari, this other picture shows the mini USB port and the button cell battery, gives some perspective: I think it is a small, very high-rez device. That's gotta be one tiny gal in the first picture.
Dang fisheye lenses! I was sure this unit was bigger than the Sony. Sure looked like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshzilla View Post
Probably because there isn't alot of hardware built in. Once they add in a real cpu, wi-fi, wacom screen, ram, OS, and memory card slots the power consumption will go way up.

If anything I this demonstration unit does a good job showing how efficient e-ink screens are at power consumption.
Actually I think the efficiency come more from a different computing management. The Sony, when in waiting mode, still uses power. Proof is that even if you don't use it, you still have to recharge every 3 weeks, and it has nothing to do with the screen.

Speculation: If a device were to use flash ROM (if they exist), you could go by without always rebooting, so the unit could go to sleep after every page turn. That would be a fantastic way to go. I'm looking forward to the day when they stop using traditional CPUs. Flash memory is the way to go.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote