View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Oh I use BookDesigner to make these books so I can just use the source HTMLs to make a fb2?
Yes, BookDesigner makes excellent FB2 files. There is one little bug that can cause problems with some books. BookDesigner outputs " amp;" when it should output " &" ( quotes are mine) when it makes FB2 files. I just do a global search and replace in a text editor to fix that in a few seconds. The reason for the " &" is that the & character is a special character in XML. You also should tell BookDesigner to output UTF-8 character codes.

There is also another program that can do batch conversions to FB2 if your source is HTML. The name of that program is Any2FB2, and can easily be found with a Google search. I have never used it though, so I can not say how good it is. In the case of BookDesigner, what you see in BookDesigner is just about exactly how it will look in CoolReader. Since you are interested in a TOC, you need to be sure that all your chapter titles are tagged with the <title> tag.

Quote:
Normally I make the book in Bookdesigner then save as HTML import to Calibre and make a MOBI file so I would save it as FB2 instead correct?
Yes, you can also add a book cover, author, and book title metadata when you tell BookDesigner to save as FB2.

Quote:
I notice epubs made using calibre The links don't work they take me back to the beginning of a book.
If you want to make epubcheck 1.0.5 compliant EPUB after you make an FB2 book, you can do that very simply with the free FB2EPUB program. That program makes a fully specification compliant EPUB from an FB2 in just seconds, but I usually do a few minor changes in Sigil, like removing subtitles from the TOC.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote