View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 03:30 AM   #1
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Ectaco jetBook to add DRM format

For all those who wanted a DRM'ed ebook format on the jetBook, your wish will soon be coming true. According to my source, the "Barnes and Nobel" format will soon be added. I assume that this means the Fictionwise/eReader DRM format.

Although many like how eReader handles DRM, I could wish that either Mobipocket or Adobe's flavor of epub would have been selected as the DRM format to add. Mobipocket DRM would give you access to a large selection today. ADE DRM would probably be the better choice for the future IMO. Having said that, I await the day when DRM vanishes alltogether.

Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if this revelation means that we will soon see B&N or Fictionwise selling jetBooks as well as the Plastic Logic reader?
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote