View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 05:20 PM   #202
hans1
hans1 began at the beginning.

Device: boox m92 blackpearl
Serial vnc on raspberry pi (arm)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkkia View Post
The application source code and binaries are attached, for lack of a better name it's called "Serial VNC".
It's tested on Windows 7 64bit and Boox M92 firmware 1.7.20120607.

I hope somebody finds it useful! And a big thanks all the others who have contributed to the Boox m92 developer community so far.
Thanks for the serial VNC; I've been using it for m92<->ubuntu for some time and it adds great value. However, I have tried to compile it on the "Raspberry Pi" hardware but failed (I installed, using apt-get, gradle but couldnt install eclipse due to some dependencies; not familiar with these tools).

Using serial vnc directly (from the zip archive) fails (I suppose the libNRJavaSerial_legacy.so and libNRJavaSerial.so must be recompiled for the arm architecture)? This is the library output:
# ldd /tmp/libNRJavaSerial_legacy_root_0/libNRJavaSerial_legacy.so
not a dynamic executable
# file /tmp/libNRJavaSerial_legacy_root_0/libNRJavaSerial_legacy.so
/tmp/libNRJavaSerial_legacy_root_0/libNRJavaSerial_legacy.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, ARM, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

Do you have any hints on how to compile it for the raspberry pi, or can it be cross-compiled (I'm not familiar how to do this; suggestions much appreciated)?
hans1 is offline   Reply With Quote