View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
William Ockham
Enthusiast
William Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipseWilliam Ockham can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyt Clagwell View Post
I have Kindle Fire HD 7. It just says

This is a Kindle Fire (Non-HD).
device pixel ratio:1.0
Well, that is unfortunate. I really appreciate this. It is a bit shocking to me that the Kindle Fire HD doesn't support media queries for device-height, device-width or -webkit-device-pixel-ratio. Back to the drawing board for me.

At least I have a way to distinguish between color and E Ink. That's probably the number one use case for this stuff.

Hoyt, would you be willing to try another test file or two? I could DM them to you when they are ready. There a number of other potential media queries that I could use, but I had settled on these as the most likely to work.
William Ockham is offline   Reply With Quote