Thread: Glo Kobo Glo PDF Support
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 05:44 AM   #5
Zistmo
Zistmo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks Uschiekid. Your message has been useful. I probably tried to bookmark a zoomed page.

Now I see that is certainly is possible, but... still very unusable. Double tapping can be tedious, but trying to set the zoom back to its previous state is even more obtrusive: you put the bookmark, and then you want to continue with your reading... bu when you double tap again you get the default 200% magnification factor, no matter what you had selected before. So the only solution is setting the zoom again throug the menu...

Unfortunately, this can work for someone that does not need to do a lot of bookmark/notes, but that is not my case. I will return my Kobo Glo today because after trying to get used to it I cannot get a smooth reading experience with pdfs.

There is also another curious detail. I have noticed that the contrast is not uniform: the area of text that is behind the zooming visor is darker than the rest of the page when you hide the visor. It's not very noticeable but clearly visible.

I am sad to see that pdf reading is so deficiently implemented on ereaders. I understand that they are considered devices to sell content through, and therefore naturally reluctant to support any format that can reduce the purchase of ebooks. The marketing approach there is probably ok, but the hardware is plainly bad or, at least, capped by poorly developed software.
Zistmo is offline   Reply With Quote