View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 02:21 AM   #11
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
We (at the moment - there is a push to change this) don't pay GST on online purchases under one thousand Australian dollars. I have no idea why you were charged this amount - I use PayPal almost daily and have never been charged GST for overseas purchases.
Exactly correct. Australians do not pay ANY GST on items under AU$1000 purchased overseas.

Like DarkScribe, in 13 years of buying overseas, I have never been charged GST and I shop mainly with Amazon, online hobbyshops and eBay.

I seem to recall reading that there was a business front end attempting to encourage/bribe overseas sellers to charge more for Australians buying online but the ACCC got wind of it.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote