View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 06:16 AM   #2
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
if I am reading the specs correctly - then I should be able to set in indent in % and see it alter when I toggle text size on my header hardware ? -
but when I set it in em , it will stay at about 2 characters wide & thus will take proportionally more % line space on larger font settings.-
in pts ? —have not thought it through
I think it's the other way around,
the % is worked out on reader/browser dimonsions
the em, is based on font-size
pt is an absolute value

So use % when you need an indent/lineheight/margin, based on browser size, and wont change if you alter font-size, (only if you resize browser window)

Use em when you want indent/lineheight/margin to change with fontsize, (but would stay the same if you resized browser window)

Use pt when you need it to remain consistant, no matter if you change fontsize or browser window size.

I usually use % for indent, and em for lineheight/margin.

Edit:
Make that
I usually use % for margin, and em for lineheight/indent.

Last edited by Perkin; 03-23-2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Wrong info
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote