View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 06:16 AM   #32
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
G'day fellow portable computerized reading device aficionados.
I had an Ebookman a few years ago and it was cool. I recently bought another Ebookman 900, but when I try to syncronize the operating system and data to the unit, a box appears reading 'contacting Franklin.com' and then it comes up in error. From what I have read here the authority webpage had been down for over a month. I wonder if anyone can advise me how to bypass this stage, as without it the unit is merely a rather expensive paperweight, and I have no need for applying weight to my papers, the need for which this technology is supposed to supersede.
Another post mentioned sending the "PMs" to other users with the same problem, so I Googled PMs... but the results were more concerned with female plumbing.
Thankyou, sorry, thanks.
Linc
To "PM" means to send a private message to a forum member.

Click on the 250 Coupe in the upper left of this message, select "Send private message to 250 Coupe"

Send me your email address and I'll send you a link to a copy of the install CD. I don't know if that will help with your problem but I think you can select "Install from CD" VS "Install via internet" at some point and that should work.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote